Now we are three!

written on the 25th November 2007
Sunday afternoon. The phone rings, it’s JV! His voice sounded a little compromised, like there’s something bothering him! He wanna know how was some bookings that I already told him was done, so I started to worry and want to know what was that all about!
After some hesitations and excuses he ends up asking if I could allow his father to join us!!! Well, I didn’t quite understand the reason of all that hesitation to say that, till he told me his father was 74 years old! Then I understand why he was so cautious about :-)
Like I told him, he was his father and was going with his son and they where both adults!!! Which means: I decline any responsibility on both :-D
Anyway, I started this quest inviting everybody, so didn’t have any problem if someone else wanted to join us. Also if someone at 74, really, wants to go to the arctic (not just “would like to…”), in the middle of December, that someone doesn’t seem that old to me and is most welcome!!!
JV tells me his father was a marathon runner till 5 years ago, so I guess he must be in good physical conditions. Also that his father was more open-minded than the son and this I’ve got to see :-D

No comments: